The Township of Montville is located in Morris County of New Jersey. In the very early 18th century, it was home to Dutch farmers who came from New Amsterdam (currently New York City). The total size of the township is 20 square miles. In addition, it is comprised of three sections: Montville, Pine Brook, and Towaco. Today, Montville is home to approximately 20,000 residents. Its Zip Code is 07045. Let’s find out more about this local area:
Living in Montville, NJ
At a glance, Montville is home to a vibrant and active community. Residents partake in a wide range of volunteer activities, including organizing sports events and 4th of July celebrations. There is always something to do for both youth and senior groups. Next, potential house buyers can find everything from modest townhouses to luxury homes in the township. Travelling to New York City is also easy as it is just a 50-minute train ride away.
If you are planning to start a family in Montville, you will be pleased to know that schools are a major draw here. In fact, there are over 140 professional schools, universities, and colleges within a 30-mile radius. Montville High is one of the best ranking schools in New Jersey. The crime rate here is low and the air quality index (AQI) is considered good, i.e. 89.9 percent. You can be sure that there is no shortage of movie theaters, restaurants, public golf courses, libraries, museums, and more!
- Woodstack: Need to get your pizza fix? You will not be disappointed with Woodstack. This is one of Montville’s finest pizzerias and it is located on US-46 in Pinebrook.
- Red Barn: Located in the heart of Montville, Red Barn is a family owned restaurant. You can say that it is the township’s equivalent to a diner, with the smell of a bakery and the feel of a cafe. Red Barn serves up delicious food and is perfect for both breakfast and lunch. No, they do not serve dinner. If you are dining at Red Barn through the spring and summer seasons, make sure that you choose the outdoor seating!
- Asian Kawa: Craving for Asian food? Head on down to Asian Kawa. The restaurant is located in Towaco on Main Road and serves Thai and Japanese cuisines.
Points of Interest
- New Jersey Rock Gym: Why bother with conventional workouts when you can kick things up with some indoor rock climbing? If you want to improve your balance, flexibility, strength, and endurance, rock climbing will put your physical and mental fitness to the test.
- Monster Mini Golf: Home to an 18-hole miniature golf course and other “monstrous” attractions, Monster Mini Golf offers a pleasant experience for the entire family. The establishment is suitable for all age, e.g. from five to 95 years old. You can even celebrate birthdays in their posh, Haunted Mansion themed private event rooms. Their staff also has the expertise of planning private events for customers as well.
Need help finding your dream home in Montville, NJ? Start browsing through the latest Montville listings today!