Located in Bergen County, Hillsdale is a borough with a population of more than 10,000 residents. Hillsdale derived its name from its location – a dale among the hills. Part of the borough makes up a small portion of Woodcliff Lake Reservoir. In addition, Hillsdale borders Westwood, Washington Township, Saddle River, River Vale, Park Ridge, and Ho-Ho-Kus. The ZIP code of Hillsdale is 07642. Let’s find out more about Hillsdale, NJ!
Living in Hillsdale, NJ
Hillsdale is home to a wide range of recreational and sports venues. You can find many spots that cater to football, lacrosse, soccer, softball, baseball, and basketball. Additional basketball courts and baseball fields can be found in Hillsdale Memorial Park. The park is just located across Beechwood Park. The latter is home to a picnic area, playground, and amphitheater as well. At Cedar Lane, you can find a pool complex named Stony Brook Swim Club. It offers an Olympic-size swimming pool! As you can see, staying healthy and keeping fit are easy in Hillsdale. There’s always something to do for the entire family.
When it comes to education, the borough is served by the Hillsdale Public Schools. Bergen County Technical Schools, Northern Valley Regional High School, and Pascack Valley High School are some of the schools that children from Hillsdale attend. If you are planning to start a family, this borough is a suitable location to do so.
- Della Cucina Italian Pizzeria & Ristorante: This dining spot is located at 100 Park Ave, Hillsdale, NJ. If you are craving for Italian cuisine, you can never go wrong with Della Cucina Italian Pizzeria & Ristorante. Be sure to try out their sandwiches (comes with ciabatta bread!), Scarola & Fagioli, Calamari & Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Posa Posa, and many more!
- Domani of Hillsdale: At 387 Washington Avenue, you will find Domani of Hillsdale. It is a local Italian restaurant that is run by Leo, Raymond, and Novak. The restaurant serves classic Italian food and their own Domani Specialties. They also offer rooms that can be booked for private parties.
- The Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar: Located on 84 Broadway, The Cornerstone is a stellar dining spot that serves quality and delicious comfort food. They serve their customers with top quality meats and the freshest produce. Everything is cooked to perfection by their expert chefs. What’s more, every dish contains one similar ingredient – love!
Points of Interest In and Near Hillsdale
- Demarest Farm: Planning a pleasant day out with your family and kids? Consider heading to Demarest Farm. It is a great place for everyone to try their hands on apple picking and check out organically grown vegetables.
- Van Saun County Park: Van Saun County Park is located in nearby Paramus. It is home to a wide array of activities that will please the entire family. Some of the key attractions here include the historic Washington Spring Garden, the nationally accredited Bergen County Zoological Park, and many more.
Need help finding your dream home in Hillsdale, NJ? Start browsing through the latest Hillsdale listings today!